So I'm sending this a couple of weeks late but here is my report haha.
It was the last week of last transfer and we did some fun stuff. We had exchanges with Elder Burgoyne and Elder Kolberg. Elder Burgoyne is one of our District Leaders and I went with him for the day. He's from Minnesota and he's super good at basketball. He's like 6'2 but he can do windmill dunks and stuff. Super sick.
![]() |
| Elder Burgoyne and me after exchanges |
One morning we get a text from President like right at 6:30 am that he wants us on a zoom call with him as soon as possible so we were tripping out. It was in a group text with a few other numbers too and we guessed they were the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders from the other Spanish Zone. We threw on suits super quick and got on the call. Nobody else dressed up hahah but it was fine. President laughed at us and told us we didn't have to get dressed up. Then he asked if we were business up top and party down below. I look down and I was in shorts and Elder Hanosek was in slacks. So I told President what we both were wearing and he laughed again. Then we chatted about the zones and the missionaries.
![]() |
| Same ties and suits |
We also found out about transfers on Sunday night after a big zoom meeting with the whole mission. All the missionaries who were going home bore their testimonies and then we heard from President and Sister Johnson. We got the new transfer board and Elder Hanosek and I were still together which we were really happy about. But we found out we were moving to a new apartment with other Spanish Elders, one of our new District Leaders named Elder Bringhurst and his Companion Elder Roberts.
We were super happy that we could stay together and have another transfer to work hard in this area, there is a lot of promise here and we really love the people.
Spiritual thought: I read a lot about missionary work in the scriptures such as when Aaron taught King Lamoni's Father. In Alma 22 it says:
17 And it came to pass that when Aaron had said these words, the king did bow down before the Lord, upon his knees; yea, even he did prostrate himself upon the earth, and cried mightily, saying:
18 O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead.
I really loved how the King humbled himself and his life completely changed from what he was taught by Aaron. Earlier in the Book of Mormon the King wanted to kill Aaron and his brothers, and now he was willing to sacrifice everything he had to know God.
I love you all so much and can't wait to tell you more about what I've been up to.
-Elder Golden
![]() |
| Moving in to our new place |
![]() |
| Me and Elder Williams |






No comments:
Post a Comment